Babies derive nutrients for a robust immune system and gut health from breast milk, baby formula, and other foods with live probiotic cultures. There are instances when an infant probiotic powdered supplement could help your child with the extra support needed for common issues such as Acid reflux, Constipation, Baby Spit-up, and Diaper rash.
How Safe are Probiotics?
Yes, it is. In our experience, we have found many benefits of probiotics improving gut health which is essential for a robust immune system. We recommend consulting with a healthcare professional before the consumption of any supplement for both mom and baby.
Does My Baby Need Them?
Infant probiotics are great for improving your baby’s long-term health. Probiotics ensure our systems have enough good bacteria to fight viruses and be energetic. Child probiotics can help to handle digestive issues such as colic, acid reflux, spit-up, and more.
Studies have shown that probiotics supplements help calm a slew of tummy issues primarily related to gassiness, fussiness, spit-up, colic pain, and other digestion-related problems.
When to Stop Probiotics
Most infant probiotics brands are made only for babies and recommend its consumption from birth to six months. At Mama’s Select, we design our Infant Powdered Probiotics to strengthen your infant’s gut health till toddlerhood. We recommend our gentle powdered formula for infants and toddlers.
Benefits of Mama's Select Infant Powdered Probiotics
At Mama’s Select, we formulate our probiotic supplement with the highest quality ingredients. Our gentle, reliable formulation is free of gluten, dairy, soy, and Maltodextrin. The powdered formula is easy to mix, flavorless promotes digestive health, and supports your baby’s immune function while providing relief from:
- Gassiness & Colic - Our natural and gentle powdered formula improves your baby’s gut flora and builds a vital defense mechanism to help deal with the pain and discomfort associated with gassiness and colic.
- Acid Reflux - Mama’s Select probiotics can help maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria by promoting good bacteria, which helps in acid reflux.
- Constipation - Good gut flora can prevent digestive issues such as constipation from becoming a long-term side effect. Our supplement provides the proper foundation for your baby by creating a safe and robust gut system that will help them throughout their life.
- Diaper Rash & Yeast - Studies have shown that many common skin-related issues such as cradle cap, baby eczema, diaper rash, and diaper yeast result from imbalanced gut flora that are passed from mom to baby during delivery. Our powdered probiotic supports your infant in helping reduce the risk of diaper rashes and infant eczema.
- Infant Thrush - It isn’t uncommon for babies to develop thrush. Mama’s Select Infant Powdered Probiotics can help manage thrush by balancing gut flora in your infant. Probiotics are a natural and an excellent preventative option to many of the mentioned problems, which are otherwise prescribed heavy antibiotics not beneficial to your infant’s gut health.
We recommend starting with a 1/2 scoop for the first week to get your infant acclimatized to the Mama's Select Infant Probiotic Formula. Our ongoing recommendation is one level scoop per day mixed with formula, drink, or food such as yogurt, cereal, and applesauce, or as instructed by your child’s pediatrician. Children above the age of 3 are recommended one level scoop up to three times daily mixed with formula, drink, or food such as yogurt, cereal, applesauce, or as instructed by your child’s pediatrician.