What is Shatavari?
Shatavari is an adaptogenic herb that belongs to the Asparagus family of plants. Adaptogenic herbs tend to help your body deal with emotional stress and promote physical/mental well-being. It improves vitality and is utilized over several generations in Ayurvedic practices.
Benefits of Shatavari:
- Rich in Antioxidants - Antioxidants are essential to combat stress and prevent free-radical cell damage. Shatavari has a high Saponin content that increases its antioxidant properties.
- Helps with Inflammation - Shatavari is an excellent anti-inflammatory remedy in Ayurvedic medicine. The natural benefits gently reduce inflammation.
- Boosts Immune System - Shatavari is rich in phytochemicals that are excellent for strengthening your body’s immune response and fighting oxidative stress.
- Rich in Nutrients - There are plenty of minerals that are naturally abundant in Shatavari. They include calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, and more. In addition, Shatavari also contains essential vitamins and fatty acids such as gamma-linolenic acid. They are beneficial in helping conditions related to diabetes, cholesterol, arthritis, and depression.
- Female Reproductive Health - Shatavari is a natural estrogen regulator that helps regulate menstrual cycles, manage PMS, and relieve cramps. It also helps with bloating and fluid retention related to hormonal imbalance.
- Breastfeeding - This natural herbal remedy not only helps women during menstruation. It also supports new mothers who are breastfeeding regulate the milk supply that is crucial for nourishing newborn babies.
Who Should Take Shatavari?
Shatavari has shown to be beneficial in the management of menstrual disorders and in promoting women’s overall health. It is also highly recommended for breastfeeding and lactating mothers who need a boost in their milk supply.
Shatavari has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic practices for delivering support to the female reproductive system. It is also known to help with common eating disorders caused by excessive pitta dosha, an Ayurvedic body type category.
Can You Use Shatavari for Breastfeeding?
Yes! Shatavari is one of the most recommended herbs in Ayurveda for maintaining women’s health. This herb is used through every phase of womanhood, from regulating menstrual cycles, improving female fertility, supporting pregnancy, and promoting milk production while breastfeeding.
Benefits of Mama's Select Shatavari
The Ayurvedic herb Shatavari has been used by generations of women to boost milk supply in lactating mothers. Mama’s Select uses only the purest ingredients and we formulate our supplements in our state-of-the-art facilities to provide you the highest quality Shatavari we could!.
Shatavari has shown to exhibit the following benefits:
- Encourage Milk Flow - Sometimes new mothers can have little to no flow in the beginning stages of lactation. This period is crucial to kickstart the breastfeeding journey and encourage milk flow. Mama’s Select Shatavari promotes a smooth flow of milk necessary for your newborn child.
- Maintains Breast Health - Keeping yourself in the best of health is extremely important, especially during nursing and lactation. Our formulation helps maintain your breast health that is essential during breastfeeding.
- Balance Your Hormones - Post-delivery, our bodies go through multiple changes. Our hormones tend to fluctuate, and it is crucial to keep your hormones in balance to ensure you impart all the good benefits of your breast milk to your baby. Our Shatavari supplement is an effective Ayurvedic remedy for maintaining the balance of hormones naturally.
- Essential Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants - In addition to breastfeeding benefits, our gentle formula helps ensure you receive the necessary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants needed to build a robust immune system both for you and your baby.
- Improves Mucous Lining - Before and after pregnancy, our bodies need extra support through diet changes and adding essential supplements to recover faster. Mama’s Select Shatavari helps improve the mucous lining of your reproductive organs that you need during and after pregnancy.
- Maintains Estrogen Levels - The phytoestrogens that naturally occur in Shatavari mimic estrogen properties. Mama's Select Shatavari ensures you gain the much-needed support during menopause when female estrogen levels begin to decline and deal with typical symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and weight gain.
Side Effects of Shatavari Consumption
Since Shatavari is related to the Asparagus family, it is recommended that individuals with an allergy to Asparagus avoid this supplement or herb. If consuming other medications, please consult your doctor before consumption of any supplement.
When Should I Consume Shatavari?
It is recommended that nursing women take 1 Mama's Select Shatavari capsule four times daily, or as instructed by a medical professional. We do not recommend the consumption of Shatavari during pregnancy without consulting with your doctor.